Wavespec was founded in 1993 and was acquired by Wavespec Holding BV in April 2021. Wavespec Holding BV is backed by Cosmos Sicav Plc, an investment fund managed by Abalone Asset Management Ltd, committed to investing aggressively in the energy transition.
Wavespec has an international presence within the three regional hub offices in London, Singapore and Houston, and has been involved in the construction of well over 100 gas Carriers, predominantly LNG Carriers (LNGCs) built in Asia.
Over the course of these projects, Wavespec has developed a successful approach for planning projects, utilization, and management of internal staff, recruitment, and management of contract staff (individuals and companies), oversight of third-party contractors and fabricators, and liaison with regulatory bodies for approvals and certification.
Historical Wavespec LNG Clients include:
Owners, Developers, and Operators of LNG Facilities, including:
- Several existing and proposed Western Hemisphere LNG Export facilities;
- Over ¾ of the US LNG onshore import facilities;
- Several Floating, Storage and Regasification Units (FSRU);
- Over ¾ of the North American LNG Peakshaving Storage Facilities;
- Over ½ of the proposed Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) approved US LNG Import Facilities, and
- Several International LNG Regasification, LNG Import, Land-based LNG and Floating (FLNG) Liquefaction Export Facilities.
- Liquefied gas carrier Owners and Operators
- Investors looking to purchase or partner in LNG Facilities, LNG Technologies, LNG Ships, etc.
- Project Developers who need LNG specialists as an extension of their team in preparing designs, construction contracts, and regulatory permits
- Regulatory Agencies support (3rd Party Verification)
- Government Agencies support (3rd Party Verification)
- Legal Representatives of Owners of LNG and Facilities involved in Accident Investigations
- LNG Shippers
- International Shipyards design and construction oversight support
- EPC Contractors that need LNG specialists as an extension of their team in preparing designs, construction contracts, and regulatory permits
Our vision & values
Our vision is to build scale and enhance our service to clients by using the strength of our brand, balance sheet and stock market listing.