The Dubai office is looking for an Adjuster to join the Middle East Team. The position is open to both local and overseas applicants and would be to work out of the Dubai office and operate throughout the Middle East and North Africa as required. The Role would be to provide assistance to established senior loss adjusting personnel in the energy, petrochemical and heavy industry insurance market. The role will include assisting in incident investigation, site attendance, document auditing, case management and administration, preparation of reports and presentations and conducting policy review. The ideal candidate will have a desire to develop professionally and will be supported to undertake relevant insurance qualifications and training with the aim of acquiring the necessary skills to progress to a Senior Adjuster level.
The candidate must be able to speak and write fluent English, and be able to demonstrate a knowledge of insurance. The Candidate will have a partial client facing role with oil companies, as well as local and international insurance markets.
Providing assistance with the investigating and settlement of energy related insurance claims, both onshore and offshore.
- Prepare new case entry data for authorisation for Principal Adjuster.
- Identify all client insurers and document placement structure for credit control purposes
- Conduct site visit to Assuredâ€™s premises and incident location
- Draft Initial Advice to Insurers under guidance of Principal Adjuster
- Collate case documentation received from Assured and third parties
- Prepare case related correspondence as instructed by Principal Adjuster
- Draft subsequent Reports
- Assist in cause Investigation and technical assessment of remedial measures
- Collect, record and collate cost documentation
- Prepare claim spread sheet and assist with audit and adjustment work
- Assist Principal Adjuster with preparation and presentation of settlement proposals
- Draft claim settlement documentation
- Conduct technical and legal research for case matters and conference papers
- Record file time & invoice production
- Assist credit controller on debt collection when required
- Engage in marketing of the Company with all clients
- Assist in presentations and marketing events as directed
Qualities, Skills & Attributes Required:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- University graduate (preference shown to law or engineering degree)
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Previous insurance experience preferred
- Some professional qualifications preferred
- Arabic speaking would be advantageous
Salary & Remuneration:
Local contract, tax free salary. Dependent upon the individual candidates experience amongst other considerations, but considered to be competitively attractive.