Braemar Technical Services Dubai Office is expanding its operations and is looking for an Engineering Loss Adjuster with a Production / Process / Risk Engineering background to join our Middle East Team. The position is open to both local and overseas applicants and would be to work out of the Dubai office and operate throughout the Middle East and North Africa as required. The role would include post incident root cause analysis, technical overview and auditing of repairs, estimation and quantification of losses and auditing and adjustment of claims for a variety of energy, heavy industry and property related insurance losses. In addition the candidate will be expected to conduct Risk Engineering surveys on construction and operational oil and gas and petrochemical plants across the Middle East and North Africa, as part of a dual role for the company.
The ideal candidate must be able to speak and write fluent English, and be able to demonstrate a proven track record of working within the energy industry, preferably in the downstream sector, willÂ have a client facing role with oil companies, as well as local and international insurance markets.
Investigating, estimating, project managing and negotiating energy related insurance claims and participating in risk surveys, with an emphasis on downstream Oil and Gas and Petrochemical facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Onsite survey of damage / losses, as well as meeting with relevant technical personnel
- Investigate cause of damage
- Review of technical documentation
- Contract & Policy interpretation
- Quantification and valuation of repairs / remedial measures
- Reviewing highly technical documents and summarising within Reports for Insurers
- Technical presentations
- Travel to survey damage as well as meet with technical representatives
- Marketing to operating companies and Local/International Insurance Markets
- Continuing Education where appropriate (including insurance qualifications as required)
- Qualities, Skills & Attributes Required:
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- University graduate
- 3-10 years in industry, preferably in the downstream Petrochemical or Power industry
- Professional qualifications (Chartered Engineer) preferred
Salary & Remuneration:
Tax free salary. Amount dependent upon the individual candidates experience amongst other considerations, but considered to be competitively attractive.
Housing and Car allowances are separately allowed, together with Medical and Life Insurances